Reid Racing Super Kingpin Knuckle
“SUPER KINGPIN” KNUCKLES
Specifically for the Super Kingpin Inner-C’s
Reid Racing’s patent-pending “Super Kingpin” knuckle assembly combines the best features of the familiar Kingpin Dana 60 and the 2005+ Ford Superduty Dana 60 unitbearing knuckles for a unique oversized assembly that provies the next level of axle strength and durability. Much larger than the familiar kingpin Dana 60 and ball joint “Super 60,” the Super Kingpin assembly provides greater than Rockwell 2.5-ton strength in a simple and inexpensive package that utilizes familiar components and greatly reduced weight for high-speed racing applications.
- Utilizes the stout Dana 60/70 upper and lower kingpin assemblies for the utmost in strength.
- 1.5″ increased yoke spread allows fitment of 1480, 1550, and Rockwell 2.5-ton U-joints and a greater load carrying capacity.
- Uses OEM 2005-present Ford Superduty unit bearings, lockout hubs, stub shafts, U-joints, and 2005-2012 calipers and rotors.
- Aftermarket upgraded parts for Superduty applications should be fully compatible, including spindle/hub assemblies, lightweight brakes, unitbearings, and stub shafts.
- Inner axle shaft sizes limited only by axle tube diameter and differential sidegears.
- Outer stub shafts can be oversized to directly engage the unitbearing’s 2.5-inch hub splines when the lockout components are removed.
- Flat-top pad machined for 6 ARP highsteer studs, allows for aftermarket steering arms that provide a wide range of steering options.
- Antilock Brakes, Traction Control, Vacuum Hubs, and Electronic Stability Control systems can be retained.
- 10° kingpin inclination and Ackerman angle optimized for 120-135 inch wheelbase.
- Knuckles cast from high-strength ductile iron and beefed up with extra material and ribbing.
- Cast-in steering arms tapered from the top down for standard “1-ton” tie rod ends; extra-wide arms allow the tie rod holes to be drilled out for oversized bolts, heim joints, etc. Extended arms allow a straight tie rod to clear most differential covers.
- Dual cast-in steering stops
- Sold individually – please order a left (p/n SKP1L) and a right (p/n SKP1R)
- Designed specifically for use with our Super Kingpin Inner-C’s (p/n SKP5)
- Ideal for new builds, narrowing or hybrid axles
- Powdercoated in Reid Racing’s signature orange.
- 100% Made in the USA